Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 7 CAT JOHNSON'S BUTTER COOKIES


CAT JOHNSON'S BUTTER COOKIES
I grew up eating these cookies. It was my grandmother’s recipe and my mother used it for the Christmas cookies we’d make together each year. But it's so versatile, I also remember heart cookies on Valentines Day and chicks on Easter. It’s still my favorite today and I own so many differently-shaped cookie cutters because of it, including the newest additions to my collection–a cowboy boot and a Texas longhorn. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
½ lb Butter
1 Egg
1 Cup Sugar
2 ½ Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Lemon Extract
Preheat 325 degree oven
Cream butter until smooth.
Add sugar, and then egg & extract.
Add flour & baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
Chill dough.
Roll out flat on a floured board.
Cut into shapes.
Bake on ungreased pan 8-10 minutes (or until just beginning to brown).
Can be decorated with sprinkles before baking or iced (or dipped in melted chocolate) after baking.
Cat Johnson
www.catjohnson.net

No comments:

Post a Comment